Saturday 30 July 2011

I haven't disappeared!

Sorry for the lack of posts in the last week. The more pregnant I get the more tired I am, and with Little H being my focus in the day the evening times seem to be spent curled up on the sofa crocheting!

Blanket number 6 was finished off the other day, and blanket number 7 is *almost* finished, possibly another inch and a half to go. I haven't done as much this week because my right index finger has been a bit bruised right in the spot where I rest my hook so I've been doing bits when I can but not much.
I have a feeling its down to the weird way I hold my hook & wool. I do everything with my right hand and my left hand only holds my work. Which is the way my Nanna taught me, and is the way she works too but I just can't crochet like everyone else, its weird because my mum crochets normally (with the left hand working the wool and the right doing the hook etc)

I like to be different!

Right I should go and get dressed, I'm off to the hospital with a suspected UTI, have been in agony for the past 24 hours and after a night of little sleep I'm conceding and getting checked out. I have a feeling the midwives on the AnteNatal Day Unit think I'm crazy/attention seeking but Mr Me said I should ring them if I'm worried, and after 24 hours of struggling with the pain I'm off.
You can almost guarantee it'll be a mild infection like last time and they'll roll their eyes at me but best to be safe!
x

4 comments:

GerryART said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.
I have looked on the inside of my new book to find out
about **those socks**
I takes only seven different yarns - which isn't that many, of course my stash couldn't come up with enough variety. Wouldn't they be a hoot to make???
Go! get looked at for UTI and come away with a remedy.
hugs
gerry

Casey said...

good luck with your UTI, it is better to be safe when you're pregnant!

Nicole said...

Thanks for visting my blog! I had a lot of hexagon envy which is why I started mine, no idea what it is about them but I love love love! xx

Sara said...

Granny stripes are quite amazing and work up so quickly. You will be done in no time. Its looking quite lovely so far. Happy to see you at Tangled Happy. Wishing you a happy Monday. :)