Thursday 21 July 2011

Woolyness

Right, so I wasn't going to do two posts today.. but Mr. Me will be off work for the next few nights so I probably won't be on the laptop in the evenings (hopefully we'll be off to the Trafford Centre on Saturday night yay!)

So once I put Little H to bed I got out my "downstairs stash" not a rude stash, but the wool that is currently living in a box next to the sofa downstairs. & I wanted to do a run through what I have, and what I'm hoping to do, and hopefully in a few months I'll actually have done some of what I have in my head right now!

First.. the most expensive wool that I have brought "for myself" Sirdar Snuggly Smiley Stripes

Photobucket
I normally only buy the more expensive stuff when I'm making for other people as new baby presents. I'm really hoping it works when crocheted, I'm not 100% what I want to do with it yet, but I'm thinking maybe Attic24 Granny Stripe. Will have to see if it works!

Then my "bargain" that I just can't resist picking up when I see it. BlackSheepWools have had it in-store for £1.50 a ball (off the top of my head) but its not listed on their website. Its Rowan Luxury Cotton DK, and it makes me smile.

Photobucket
I think that I will turn it into a Hexagon blanket, I'm sure thats what was going through my head when I picked the first few balls up, and I've added a few more since then! I just love how it looks and feels. I just hope I can do it justice!!

Now.. the wool I forgot that I had. Its so snuggly! Rico Baby DK

Photobucket

Its so yummy and soft. I've made a 2 coloured Attic24 Ripple Blanket out of this, and I've just finished another blanket in this wool too and they're the softest snuggliest blankets ever. I picked these 4 balls up at the same time as I picked up the wool for the blanket I've just finished and only re-discovered them whilst on this photo taking mission.

Next my mixed bundle of acrylics which is what is being used for my neonatal blankets...

Photobucket

There's 4ply in there that was given to me by one of my mums friends who had bags of wool from when her mum passed away and she gave loads to me (literally 2 bin bags full) and the 4ply out of that is in amongst this. Sounds silly but I figured that the lady would like to know that her wool had been passed on and was being used for good. (I just hope she likes them if she's watching how they turn out!) The DK that is in there is stuff that I've picked up at the local market just stuff that I've liked how it feels. There's something re-assuring about me working with acrylic wool, if I mess up I don't feel so bad!

And finally, the 2 balls of wool that made me smile.

Photobucket

These were brought for me by my brother and his girlfriend for my birthday earlier this month, they were so chuffed with their purchase. I didn't have the heart to tell them that you don't have to go to John Lewis to buy nice wool. But I have great plans for these 2 little balls. Hopefully I will manage to turn them into a wee hat for baby #2 who is currently cooking away in my tummy! I just need to feel brave and do it!

& yes, that is a white plastic bag I have used as my backdrop.

You can buy yarn, but you just can't buy class!! =P
x

1 comment:

GerryART said...

I think that Luxury Cotton should be in MY stash.

Oh, yes, the Smiley Stripes as well.

hugs
Gerry